Leaders of Tomorrow – A new, professional development program for South Asian artists, arts adminstrators and arts volunteers from any arts discipline or background.
2011 – Inaugural Program Launch
Over period of 6 months, a group of ten selected South Asian artists and arts admininstrators were chosen to participate in this special program designed to inspire and support personal goals and visions to become strong cultural leaders.
We were delighted to have had the support of the following inspirational guest speakers and workshop leaders who took part in the official launch of this important professional development initiative for South Asian cultural leaders in our community.
- Ian Bradley (chartered accountant)
- Lalita Krishna (award-winning filmmaker)
- Jane Marsland (arts consultant and advocate)
- Piali Ray, OBE (Director, Sampad, UK)
- Dr. Hargurdeep (Deep) Saini (Vice-President of the University of Toronto and the Principal of the University of Toronto, Mississauga)
- Preeti Saran (Consul General of India, Toronto)
- Charles Smith (poet, playwright, essayist and lecturer in cultural theory and cultural pluralism in the arts, at the University of Toronto Scarborough)
- Heather Young ( Heather Young & Associates, Finance for the Arts)
Back Row: Abha Anthale (Participant), Aarti Joseph ( Participant), Noora Sagarawala (Participant), Kevin Singh ( Participant), Dinesh Sachdev (Participant), Najia Alavi (Participant), Mazarine Memon (Participant), Jasmine Sawant (General Manager, Sampradaya)
Front Row: Hari Venkatacharya (Guest Evaluator), Piali Ray (Guest Speaker, Evaluator), Lata Pada ( Artistic Director, Sampradaya), Ian Bradley ( Guest Speaker, Evaluator)
For more informaiton about the program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org